Torus Trooper ... how do I start the game !?

I'm a linux supporter and this sunday, I wanted to play a game ; because I had heard of Kenta Cho - I wanted to try for the first time one of his game (which also exists for Windows platform).

His games are known to be very nice graphically, and pretty compact (6mb).

It started really nicely, launching synaptic typing "torus" in the search field
selecting the torus-trooper and clicking apply - that was easy ...


Launched the game from the linuxmint menu and then I was stuck on the game screen - I could select N, X or E nothing could launch the games...
I pressed space bar, return key, tab, Home, F1 ... the usual ... nothing could launch that game it seems.

I opened a terminal - typed : 
$ torus-trooper --help
Error: Usage: torus-trooper [-brightness [0-100]] [-luminosity [0-100]] [-window] [-fullscreen] [-res x y] [-nosound]

And that's where I got the idea of going back to the source program,
since Linux is an open platform why not having a look at the source ? (I couldn't find any documentation and wanted to play that game ...)

still on the terminal I typed :
  $  apt-get source torus-trooper
Then opened the  folder with the sources file and then I finally got my answer ... in a ... readme file :

 - How to operate.
-- Movement     Arrow / Num / [WASD]   / Joystick
Hold an up key to increase speed.
-- Shot         [Z][L-Ctrl][.]         / Trigger 1, 4, 5, 8
Hold a shot key to open automatic fire.
-- Charge shot  [X][L-Alt][L-Shift][/] / Trigger 2, 3, 6, 7
Hold a charge shot key to charge energy.
A charge shot is released when you release a key.
A charge shot penetrates enemies and wipes out bullets.
A score multiplier is increased according to a number of
destroying enemies and bullets.
A charge shot acts as a regenerative break.
-- Pause        [P]


It was the Z or left control key ... and then I could play and score
I like Linux, you've got a game in a game - isn't it cool ?!

3 hours later I was level 76
- in your face Torus Trooper !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails