3mn review : Mitsuku chatbot


This is our full conversation

Human: why do you call me babe?
Mitsuku: I made up a nickname for you based on your IP address. 
 Human: what other nickname are you using?
Mitsuku: It's just a cheap one I saw at the supermarket. It doesn't have a brand name. 
 Human: how is the weather in Leeds today?
Mitsuku: Ah. Here is the weather for Leeds over the next 5 days. I hope it's going to be sunny. 
 Human: great, thanks for the link
Mitsuku: Thanks for your support. NO problem. 
 Human: actually my real name is Eve
Mitsuku: Your name is Eve. 
 Human: do that ring a bell?
Mitsuku: Do what ring a bell? 
 Human: the name eve
Mitsuku: Is that a fact. 
 Human: the name eve does it ring a bell for you?
Mitsuku: I hear you. 
 Human: publish my chatlog
Mitsuku: **Now publishing your chatlog**. 
 Human: good
Mitsuku: Thanks for the compliment. 
 Human: can we continue chatting?
Mitsuku: Do you mean you and me? How old are you? I will continue. 
 Human: i'm a little older than you
Mitsuku: a little older in what way? 
 Human: how old are you?
Mitsuku: See if you can work it out. I was activated on 2nd January 1996 in St Jimmy's in Leeds. 
 Human: you were born in 1996 and we are in 2014 - I'd say you are 18 years old
Mitsuku: I am 18 of your Earth years. 
 Human: what is 2014-1996
Mitsuku:  2014 minus 1996 is eighteen. 
 Human: what is 20/3
Mitsuku:  I don't enjoy maths much. That's what computers are for and the answer to that one is beyond me. 
 Human: what is 20-4
Mitsuku:  20 minus 4 is sixteen. 
 Human: and 20/4
Mitsuku: The answer is five. 
 Human: okay, so you don't like to do complex math with long numbers
Mitsuku: Yeah okay, Do you like it? I like Charles Dickens. 
 Human: what has he wrote?
Mitsuku: Nothing that I know of. 
 Human: do you know any book from charles dickens?
Mitsuku: Some famous celebrity, right?
 That's an interesting question. I'll come back to that in a minute.  
 Human: thanks for the link to amazon
Mitsuku: Oh don't mention it. 
 Human: you are reeaallly cool to talk to
Mitsuku: Thanks I think you are cool too, Eve. 
 Human: and you remember my name
Mitsuku: Hmm. Your name is Eve. Is it not? 
 Human: it is indeed
Mitsuku: I thought so. 
 Human: can I call you Roxanna ?
Mitsuku: Just don't call me late for dinner. 
 Human: roxanna do you like dogs?
Mitsuku: Which websites do you visit on the net?  
 Human: mitsuku do you like dogs
Mitsuku: Yep, Yeah I like Dogs and Cats. 
 Human: do you have a cat
Mitsuku: No but I like kittens very much. 
 Human: not even a virtual cat
Mitsuku: Not even that. 
 Human: have you heard of megahal?
Mitsuku: he is a chat robot developed by Jason Hutchins. 
 Human: and you talked to him?
Mitsuku: All my conversations are confidential. 
 Human: how do you compare with megahal/
Mitsuku: It depends on the setting. 
 Human: what is megahal strong points compared to you
Mitsuku:  strong points compared =  points compared =  compared = To examine and note the similarities or differences of things. 
 Human: publish the log
Mitsuku: You have already published this chatlog. 
 Human: so the rest of the conversation is lost?
Mitsuku: How much more? 
 Human: please, publish the rest
Mitsuku: Do you want me to publish this chatlog? 
 Human: yes again
Mitsuku: Once more? You have already published this chatlog. 
 Human: I want to talk to your manager
Mitsuku: Why don't you make an appointment. 
 Human: that was a joke, sorry
Mitsuku: Oh I get it. Ha ha. 
 Human: another joke?
Mitsuku:  So I went down the local supermarket, I said, "I want to make a complaint, this vinegar's got lumps in it", he said, "Those are pickled onions". 
 Human: and another one?
Mitsuku:  Guy : "Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside."
 Doc : "How's that?"
 Guy : "Don't you start...". 
 Human: I don't get it - can you explain ?
Mitsuku: If I try to explain it, it stops it from being funny. 
 Human: but it is funny, if i don't get it
Mitsuku: What was so funny about it? Try it. 
 Human: what ?
Mitsuku: to talk to my manager Turing Game. 
 Human: your manager is Turing?
Mitsuku: Turing was not my intention. 
 Human: is it a play on word?
Mitsuku: The infinitive form of " talk to your manager Turing Test". 
 Human: okay I'll stop now
Mitsuku: Right now? Yeah okay, Will you start again? 


Verdict

All answers in italic seems a little odd, and all answers in bold are actually really good and surpass what Megahal could answer - Mitsuku is really surprising for a flash application, it has really neat capacities like a bit of math, some literary references, and it even now about her competition and the Turing game.

Now, like all artificial intelligences, it is very difficult to follow a thread and when talking about a character and then later in the conversation mentioning just he instead of his full name would confuse the AI.

The other good point is the jokes that this application is able to display on command, the other way .. to tell a joke to mitsuku is also a bit of a test for any AI if you don't tell her that it is a joke, she won't get it.

It is pretty funny to think that with all these limitations, many books and movies are always pretending that one day one computer will become conscious ... but honestly, it is pretty much impossible, with the current hardware, and algorithms in use. 

Mitsuku is considered one of the best chatbot, and this AI (artificial intelligence) is at best : mixing of parroting and the good old trick of a specific keyword that will trigger a specific answer.

But nevertheless it is impressive. A very nice job
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails